This year is going to be Epic’s 40th birthday, which they are going to celebrate with another exhilarating year of Epic UGM. The conference is going to start on Monday, the 26th of August, and will end on Thursday, the 29th of August. In the same way as previous years, the conference is going to take place in Verona Wisconsin at Epic’s campus. The event is being hosted by Epic, and executives, directors, clinical staff and others are heartily welcomed to attend it.
The theme of this year is “Summer of ‘79’”, a symbol of Epic’s first year of service, precisely 40 years ago. Attendees will be taken back into the past with the theme and décor of the conference but they will be looking into the future to know more about transformations coming to the healthcare technology industry.
It is a well-known thing that time has a way of flying in the summer, so make certain to begin planning your trip right now! So, go on and read for a list of major dates and tips to make this one of the most impressive #EpicUGM conferences yet.
Important Registration Dates:
Currently – Registration is open!
July 18th – Early bird registration ends
August 23rd – Standard registration ends
Epic UGM Schedule:
Sunday, August 25th – Taste of Epic and First-Time UGM Orientation
Monday, August 26th – Advisory Councils, CIO Morning Breakouts, CIO Roundtables, Legal Council, International Meetup, CEO Council Welcome Dinner, Legal Council Reception
Tuesday, August 27th – Executive Address & Cool Stuff Ahead, CEO Council, Executive Breakouts, Safety Forum, Peer to Peer Sessions, Cool Stuff Breakouts, Dinner & Celebration
Wednesday, August 28th – CEO Council, Peer to Peer Sessions, Cool Stuff Breakouts
Thursday, August 29th – Forums
View the full agenda for the week on the website here.
Useful Tips on Having an Epic Time as an Attendee:
- To save yourself from time and logistical nuisances during the week of the conference, plan your agenda in advance. You will also find yourself packed with a back-to-back schedule, manage some time for networking and exploring the amazing Epic Campus.
- To stay up-to-date regarding conference sessions and to save time finding your colleagues onsite, download the mobile app on Apple or Android.
- One of the most effective ways to network and to further absorb content is making an important point to initiate conversations with the presenters of presentations you found most convincing.
- Another valuable time to gain information and tips for the upcoming days is the Sunday orientation session.
- If you are a pharmacist or a physician in need of continuing education credits, remember that several UGM sessions qualify for CME, CNE, and CPE credits.
- If it is your first year of attending Epic UGM, it is better to manage your travel schedule so you can attend the First-Time UGM orientation session taking place on Sunday, the 25th of August, 2019.
So, wait no more, join the conversation on Twitter through the conference hashtag — #EpicUGM, and get a jump start on your networking. Moreover, share your conference tips with us @Virtelligence. We will see you back in 1979!